Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskyRookie

Brainerd muskys?

18 posts in this topic

I am heading up to a cabin this weekend on Pigs Bay on the Whitefish Chain. Are there any muskie on the chain or a lake nearby that has them?

There is not any muskies on the chain. You would have to go to Mille Lacs or the lakes north of you, i.e. Leech, woman, wabedo, little boy etc.. Good luck!

I heard the spiny water fleas got into the mississippi in that area and killed all the muskies.

muskies in gull i think thats a TALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

TALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the other lakes are good though

That's our problem exactly. Basically no musky lakes in Brainerd (crow wing county) area. If you're at the whitefish chain, probably the closest would be the Longville Lakes to your north and east. Wabedo, Little Boy, Baby, Woman, Inguadana, Leech, etc. To your south and west is Lake Alexander and Shamineau. And of course, there's Mille Lacs.

There's no fishable population of muskies in Gull Lake. True, fish are caught there incidentally and occasionally, but it's doubtful that anyone is going out there and targeting them and catching them with any consistency.

If you want something close, and you want some action, I'd go to Baby. If you want a chance at a biggie, I'd head for Leech.

Good luck,

Yep.........if you're in Brainerd......the only place is the Miss River..........Gull???? Please fgabi (for get a bout it)

the only thing you're going to catch on the Mississippi right now is a cold, and about a thousand mayfly nymph exoskeletons.

bronzback

ever heard that ole saying 10'000 comedians outa work ??

lol