Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katman

what an awesome weekend!

15 posts in this topic

Me and a few friends had a small canoe tournament on 3 different metro lakes this UGLY Saturday. Let me tell you.. I've never seen so many big fish from one little lake! We got multiple 3's, 4's, and even 5's! The monsters were a 5 and a 6.2. I didn't catch the 6.3 but my buddy below did. He got the guy fishing thick weed pockets in about 4 feet of water, using a wacky rigged Berkley heavy worm. He got this guy the last 5 min of our tournament! All on weird weather Saturday! We pulled 30+ fish that day! Hot bites were on any worm riged texas or wacky through thick weed pockets or edge! Enjoy the pics.

mengs4-5.jpg

LeeP63.jpg

414and63.jpg

Ummmm, yeah, those are nice! Lake looks shallow? Does it have a PA?

We hit up 3 lakes to just change it up a bit. One lake was no deeper then 7-9 feet, another was unkown and very clear, another was very pressured, green, and full of muskies! It was a good day to be out if you can find cover from that horrible wind!

wow!!! very nice fish...i wish my weekend fishin would have turned out like yours

Those two in the last pic were very nice. I'm jealous.

Nice big fat healthy looking fish.

The simplicity of fishing out of a canoe is so under-rated.

Great pics!

Nice fish! I never have much luck fishing really thick weeds and slop (like that last pic) under high sun.

that is slowly becoming my favorite thign to do!

Nyob zoo,

How did you do on the tourney? I love to join your little tourney.

Cecil - Only one of the 3 lakes had PA...but that was the lake that produced the least out of the 3. Caught some dinkers and that 4 pounder from the first picture.

Sorry... I missed that Cecil! Didn't even see it till now. I had to think about it for a bit.. PA? hahaha.