• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reel Salvaging

So let's say one of your rod and reels falls overboard (or your dad accidentally hooks it on the backcast and casts your rod into the lake). And so your rod and reel is at the bottom of the lake. And a couple days later you snorkel and find the rod/reel. What steps would you take to get the reel back to prime condition? Or is it probably shot?

Glad to hear this happened to someone else too.

My friend caught my BRAND NEW 5600 on his back cast and sent it into the drink a few years ago, I dove in after it so it was only in the water for a minute. Couple shots of oil and it's been fine.

" Glad to hear this happened to someone else too"

I tossed a rod and reel over board one afternoon!( Was trying to hold the rod with my hand in front of the reel. With arthritis, i found out i couldn't hold it very well!) My son snagged it with his rod.