• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Depth Finder Interference Question

Pannyraid

Question

I have a Lowrance X-85 for the back of my boat with a transducer that is set up on the left side of the stern. The boat also has a transducer that was placed approx. 5 feet away on the other side of the stern. My question is if I put a Lowrance X91 at the bow will I still have problems with interference? I mainly fish depths under 30 feet. Will five feet between transducers be enough to avoid this problem? I know I could avoid this problem altogether by putting the transducer on the front trolling motor, but I would prefer not to do that.

Also will the transducer work with the X91 if it works with the X85?

Thanks in advance for any help you could give me.

2 answers to this question

The X-85 runs on 192 KHZ. The X-91 runs on 200 HKZ. 5 Feet should be enough, but if your fishing from the bow, it would be best to mount the ducer on the trolling motor so you can target what your on top of. Get a RAM mount for the X-85 which i assume is on your console? You can then run the X-85 from the transom and turn the unit to face the bow. You will then have eyes for both the front and back.

Since the ducers run on different KHZ, they are not interchangeable.

Good Luck

p.s If you dont already have GPS. The LMS-240 is a great deal and a sweet set up.Put that on your console and put the x-85 on your bow.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here