• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have a source for a Lund replacement ignition switch?

Got a 1999 Lund Mr. Pike 16 and it's got an ignition switch that doesn't want to stay in the dash. We're sick of messing with it so we'd like a new one. Plastic nuts to hold these things on is a unforgivable shame in states like MN where our roads are too rough for an army tank. Anyone got a name of a site sponsor where I can get one to install myself for a good price? Online purchase preferred.

Thanks,

mnflyfisherman

mnflyfisherman, Check out your local marine dealer ( you might check wally-world too). I had to replace the ignition switch on my pontoon and it took a 'marine type' switch as a replacement. If I recall correctly, the marine switches ground the current flow to the coil when you turn it off. Automotive switches just break the circuit flow of power to the automotive coil. Automotive switches won't work on most marine applications, as the marine engines will just continue to run when you turn the switch to off. Phred52