Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snagger

Willow River State Park Lake/Reservoir

9 posts in this topic

I've heard the lake/reservoir above the dam at Willow River State Park near Hudson, WI has some good bass fishing. Can anyone confirm? Largemouth and smallmouth? What type of structure is productive? Baits?

thanks.

Not sure about the bass but i know the lake is only open to canoes and rowable boats! No motors allowed even trolling motors are not allowed unless you are handi-capped. Used to catch some really nice pannies during spawning out there though!

I used to fish tht lake religiously in college when I went to River Falls. There are some decent bass in there. Both Smallies and Largies. The shoreline across from the launch was always more productive for me. Standard bass arsenal of Jigs, Plastics, Cranks and topwater work well. There are a ridiculous amount of crayfish in that water way. Definitely key in on that this time of year!! Good Luck...

i had about 6-7 inches in the spots that i fished today. it was a tough bite, but we ended up getting enough for a meal. you had to be quick on the hook set as many of the fish would just tap at the bait.

I have only caught a million small pearch in there and some decent northern in the winter (although I havent fished there alot) what other species are you pulling out of there?

I have caught decent blue gills, a few crappies, and some really small perch. I think people bass fish there in the summer, but that obviously isn't as effective in the winter.

Anyone been fishing this lately? I am trying to get my hands on a kayak to rig up for fishing, and if so, I'm heading out there to test it out.