• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where are the flatheads?

7 Tine

i was wondering if anyone has had much luck lately fishing flatheads on the minnesota.i went out a week ago,had one small one on,lost it.i fished countless snags,all night long.not even a second bite,on any of the baits.

i fished the croix from shore near the dam last night,and we caught one 10.7 pound channel,one small sheepshead,and 1 large sucker.a slow night there too!the water was lower than i have seen it for a long time!

i have caught a lot of channels this year,but very few flatheads.either i have lost my touch,or their not biting that well.any help you can give is appreciated.i fish the minnesota,the croix,and some on the mississippi.i have not fished the horseshoe chain in the summer,only through the ice.thanks in advance,

dan

spanked em' last night. Couple big ones too. Location and time of day is key.

Obviously I haven't been on the water at all but are the levels coming up a bit at all? Recent rain doing anything to the river?? And my assumption would be the bite as well.

thanks!i will have to get out there and try again.i went out and caught a muskie,a few northern,and a walleye on a local lake this week,but it is just not the same as catching a catfish!good luck.