Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justfishingaround

bait well wont fill

11 posts in this topic

in my 1999 pro v one of the bait wells wont fill when on the lake. tried to check at home, where is the water in take?

It's probably near the drain plug. My crestliner has a mushroom shaped filter over it.

Driving in reverse with it running has fixed a stubborn pump for me before.

Are you blowing fuses? If so it might be cloged, you'd have to take the pump abart and clear what ever is in the impeller. Fishing line and milfoil are 2 common culprits.

The one that does'nt fill might be clogged right at the fitting in the baitwell. Unscrew the fitting and check it.

The fill fitting is right below the cover.. look inside (might need a mirror, or feel around for it)... it just screws in or out.. looks like this:

-!Attwood%20Adjustable%20Spray%20Aerator

marine_man

Your intake will be a stainless steel wire strainer looking thing sticking out a little down by the drain hole on the transom. Should be 2 of them.

Can you hear the pump running?

If not check to make sure a fuse isn't blown and that you have power to the pump.

If it has power and is pumping but still nothing's coming through put a garden hose to it and see if water is getting through to the bait well. Make sure your fill/empty switch is on fill.

Some times the fill/empty set screw on the valve lets loose enough that it doesn't open or close the valve correctly and the well won't fill or empty like it should.

Any suggestions on a front baitwell on a pro v 21 SE Lund that will not drain? Is it just plugged up or is there a check valve at the bottom that is stuck?

Thanks,

Most Pro-V's have the livewell pump feed the baitwell as well... is the livewell closest to this baitwell (I'm guessing it's the front one) filling with water?

Any suggestions on a front baitwell on a pro v 21 SE Lund that will not drain? Is it just plugged up or is there a check valve at the bottom that is stuck?

Ed - There isn't a check valve.. there must be something plugging the drain.

marine_man

Basseyes tried the hose thing NOTHING will fill with the hose,and I can hear the pump run. I never knew about that valve in the wells

that might be the problem but the next question is why wont the hose fill at least the ones that I know work?

marine man yes front bait well has the problem and front live well will fill in the lake but not at home. thanks for the visual

I did not know there was a valve in there.

Most Pro-V's have the livewell pump feed the baitwell as well... is the livewell closest to this baitwell (I'm guessing it's the front one) filling with water?

Originally Posted By: Ed Carlson

Ed - There isn't a check valve.. there must be something plugging the drain.

marine_man

I thought so...I'll try to back flush it and see what is in there causing problems.

Thanks,