• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sturgis

Lowrider06

So only a few weeks away, whos all going this year. Where ya staying at? I hope most are riding out instead of trailering. I plan on staying somewhere in Wyoming this year, but thats up to my buddy im going with, he's making the arangements. Plan on leaving thursday the 6th and come back the 10th.

lotta people stay away from Rapid City/ Sturgis and areas inbetween because of jacked up rates on motels, menus, gas, etc. Vendors started settings things up last week. I'm ready for the rumble to start on the road where I live between the Badlands and Rapid. Rapid City has set aside a few blocks on Main street for two wheel parking only. Ads in the paper are callin for bikini bike washers, security, bartenders, waitstaff, etc. Sturgis was going to lift the "open container" law for pedestrians but, it didn't have enough votes to pass. "The Chip" and Full Throttle are geared up, too.

I wish I were going again this year, but I decided that I only go on olympic years. I went back in '06, skipped '07, then back in '08. Hopefully I'll be able to go back in 2010.

We stayed at a campground just outside of Sturgis on '06 (I can't remember the name), and we stayed at "The Chip" last year. We had a blast there. It's a party if you want it to be, but you can actually find pretty quiet areas in the campground.

Friends of mine have been out there for the rally and said once was enough. They're not really fans of large crowds to begin with so I'm not even sure why they spent 3 hours getting to SD then another 5 riding across the state to get to Sturgis.

It would be cool to see all of the bikes though.

Heading out early in the morning on the 31st. Can't wait. The minutes are sure ticking by slowly. I'll be riding out again. rode all the way last year. I am not a big fan of crowds sometimes but I sure like the crowd there. I love people watching. Plenty of wonderful riding around the area that everyone should do at least once. I'll go to Sturgis every year I can. I look forward to it all year long.

Be at the Chip from Saturday to Saturday 7 days, looking forward to concerts, hill climb, and some nice rides. (Spearfish canyon) Plan on an early AM ride to McD's for breakfast then to National cemetery to see Sheldon Ray Hawkeagle's grave (a 21 year old that died in Iraq). Monday and Tuesday around 4 PM I'll be at the Chip's Watering Hole bar. I'll be wearing a black 2004 Sturgis hat with an eagle on it. Stop by I'd like to meet you guys and buy you a beer.

Just Ride

Tink

Hey Tink...you have to ride Vanoker Canyon too if you like Spearfish Canyon. Do it early in the morning before all the idiots get on the road. Great ride!!! Also, try the Nemo pancake breakfast if you have never been there. My two cents.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh about Nemo. That road is great no one rides it and the canyon is just as good as Spearfish. Stay away from Devils tower on Wednesday. Everyone and his mother rides out there that day.then onto Sundance. Sundance has a elevated burn out cage, the town people come out and all the little old blue hairs make their home made stuff. I always end up with the wild blue berry pie/ home made ice cream.

the ride from Rapid City to the Badlands is a pretty nice scenic way to get there. Lot better then the interstate, in my opinion. But, make sure you are fueled up before ya leave scenic. The closest place from there at the New Underwood intersection on 44 and it closes at 7 in the evening. But, Steves Store is 12 miles north and is open longer. The Next place on 44 is the the Caputa Store and it closes at 7 also. The latter has a BBQ caterer this year. I haven't tried it but it smells good as I pass by.

We had a great week at the Buffalo Chip in Sturgis. Lots of good concerts, great rides, Sturgis shopping and memorable moments. A special Thanks to hanronson for the tip on Nemo and Vanoker Canyon, we rode there Monday and had breakfast at the volunteer fireman breakfast. Absolutely the best biscuits and sausage gravy I’ve ever had. Vanoker Canyon is very gentle ups and down with lots of large sweeping turns thru some of the most scenic country in America.

Just Ride

Tink

Well i made her back in one piece, you know i enjoyed being out there, the scenery is always awesome but lets be honest as far as the weather, that sucked dam rain i tell yeah and the ride home was the worst ever as far as riding in severe weather. Who else had this most amazing experience........hopefully next year be better!!!

Tink...Your welcome about the tip. Did you see Tyler fall off the stage during Aerosmith's concert at The Chip Weds.? Hope he is OK.

News says he has canceled all his concerts until his broken shoulder heals and the stitches in head come out. Ticket master is refunding tickets.