Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paul pachowicz

'09 antelope

6 posts in this topic

the on-line applications for antelope are now on the SD GF&P site. Paper apps will be out next week. I know a place that will be able to do rush orders for processing your goat.

SO what are the chances for a rookie trying to learn goat hunting? I'm very interested in giving it a shot. I would probably go with my bow, but I'm more interested in learning than anything, but of course I wouldn't complain if I got a shot at something.

I'm not a bow hunter but, I know several guys who have scored a goat with a bow. It ain't easy. One guy I know uses a bigger than life sized silouette and creeps up behind the profile within range. You'd have to get ahold of a map and find the walk-in areas unless you are lucky enough to have access to private land. Nor can I say if there is an application deadline for archery. Your chances are as good as anyone elses.

I know the archery tags have no deadline and there is no quota.

I've never hunted them. I realize its gonna be tough, but I owuld be interested in learning.

I have no particular area in mind. I have a truck and a camper and will travel. Like I said, I'm a complete newbie to goats as well as hunting out of state.

I'm not new to hunting so I know experience with deer will keep me moving, but I realize that I will be on a steep learning curve. I think that it would be a very interesting hunt and its very accessible so thats why I was thinking about giving it a try.