• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best time of day for big pike?

My biggest have also come midmorning/midday. Also while casting.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, most of my pike fishing occurs durring midday hours, and is almost always casting.

Not saying big fish cant be had later the day or at night. I just don't fish for them then. I move on and target other things.

early morning to mid-day. I've had better luck real early morning low light than last light of the day...

most of the time I catch them mid-day. Which is nice if the walleyes or bass aren't eating!

Well, we did a lot more walleye fishing than pike on our trip, but we did pick up some nice gators - all trolling, most in mid- to late morning.

The biggest was 37", and I had one well 0ver 40" clamped onto a walleye I hooked, but it let go once I got it near the boat before we could net it.

The best producer was a silver Mepps Little Wolf. Yellow & red 5 of diamonds also did well. Thanks for the tips, and I'ma make sure I do more pike fishing next time I venture north!