• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN elk drawing ?

Preference as it stands for deer and bear wouldn't work for either moose or elk. Basically, there aren't enough licenses and if you missed 1 year, you would never get one because a person with 1 point more than you would keep you out of the drawing for the rest of your life. With deer and bear, you eventually get a permit because there are enough to satisfy demand (even though it might take a couple of years to draw.

For moose, 20% of the licenses are given to people who put in for 10 or more years. The same type of system might work for elk but it would take legislative action to make it happen.

I hope that answers the question.

the only preference that i know of in the elk drawning is 20% of the tags go to the landowners in the hunt zone. it's only the second year for the kittson county hunt, hard to set a preference only two years in, but the grygla hunt has been going for years, but i haven't heard of any preference for grygla.

I'm curious to that as well. Hopefully sooner then later.

Was the lottery held later this year because of the mangement plan being done or is it always this late in the summer?

It's always mid-July. It was extended a week this year because we were slow getting the information out. The application period ended on Friday and it takes a couple of weeks to clean up the data and do the drawing. Winners should know in the next couple of weeks.

Is there any word on these yet? When will the results be known?

Will they be posted online, or how does one know if they got drawn or not?

Drawing happened and winners were notified. We can't post winners because of data privacy laws. I asked the web people to post a statement like I just typed but I don't see it yet. I'll ask again ...

So, if you didn't get a letter I'm sad to report you didn't draw.

Thank you!

I guess the famous saying used by all Vikings fans applies here as well.... We'll get 'em next year! crywink

One of my favorite quotes comes from a radio personality who was commenting on the UMN football team. He said, "the Gophers are now in their 40th year of rebuilding". Priceless.