Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bmc

Wacky rig bait for smallies?

What is your #1 bait for wacky rigging smallies? I usually use a 5" Gary Yamamoto silver senko, but think that might be too big at times.

Anyone, anyone?

On a side note, my daughter had her 1st experience last week using the wacky rig and she's got it down! She had a nice mix of smallies and largies. Her biggest LMB was 17" and biggest SMB was 15". Fun, fun, fun!!!

Brian

If I had to pick a single bait it would be a 4" senko, the 5" has definately worked for me, but often times those big smallys want the 4". Countless times I have seen the 4" outfish a 5" for big fish, hands down. Big fish don't ALWAYS want a big bait, especially smallys.

You should be fine with the 5".. As stated, they do make a 4" as well. I use the Mr.Twister Comida, or the OutKast Stick worm. They are less expensive and still seem to work as well.

4". I like to downsize my senkos. Don't ask me why, but a couple of years ago I made the switch, and think I've done a lot better with the smaller baits.

Hiya -

I use 5" Dip Stick worms a lot. Have done pretty well with the Power Bait Heavy Sink Worms too. They're nice because you can cast them in a wind and they can be worked a lot deeper. I also use some finesse worms too. Zoom trick worms are good, as Bemidji said, and Gulp Fat Dover Crawlers are pretty good too. A 5" Gulp Alive Leech is also pretty dang good believe it or not.

For hooks I use Gamakatsu Finesse wide gaps just because I happen to have some, but when I finally run out of those I'll probably use an Owner Mosquito hook like I use drop shotting. Either #1 or 1/0. Actually though a plain old baitholder hook in the same size works just as well.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

try a 4" #117 Bonzai worm

Bonzai's are hard to find anywhere but a few Southern California bait sellers

Works like a dream here in IDaho where we have gobs of smallies.

They grab hold on and eat this baby.

WD