• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

e-collars

Been Rippin Lip

You'll undoubtedly get a lot of opinions, but when I needed a new one a couple of years ago I chose the dogtra model 2000, and it is fantastic. Believe the model numbers are different now, but having a pointer, I bought the model with a built in beeper/locator which is a very nice feature. All-in-all, a truly great collar, and reasonably priced.

I've got the Tritronics Classic 70 G3 EXP. It's bomb proof, easy to charge, and put together well. I got sick of replacing my lower price point dogtra and sport model tritronics every few years and decided to lay some money down on the gold standard. Hopefully I won't be dissapointed. I've had my new unit for 6 months and I really like it so far.

I have 3 dogtra collars, two for pointers and one for a lab. Great customer service when it came time to replace the batteries in one of the units. had a sport dog and didn't like it and took it back. I had an old TriTronics and they seemed to want a lot of money to replace the batteries and did little to support an older unit.

Dogtra. I have had Tritronics in the past and the Dogtra is a more reliable, better built e-collar in my opinion. Tritonics customer service is Ok. Ive never had to use the Dogtra customer service as i have never had an issue with my Dogtra collars.

You'll undoubtedly get a lot of opinions, but when I needed a new one a couple of years ago I chose the dogtra model 2000, and it is fantastic. Believe the model numbers are different now, but having a pointer, I bought the model with a built in beeper/locator which is a very nice feature. All-in-all, a truly great collar, and reasonably priced.

+1

I have had a few different kinds, and the best by far has been my SportDog Hound Hunter 3200. It is a no frills collar made to reach out there (2 mile range.) I met a dealer in Michigan that could beat anybodys price, sale or not. I think I paid about $420-450 for three collars and one transmitter. He also sells the 2500 series which has tone and shock ( 1.5 mile range) for about the same price (about $250 for one dog system, add about $90 for an extra collar).

He also deals with other companies including Tritronics. I went with sportdog after reading tons of negative reviews about the new Tritronics G3 systems. Sportdog is also easier on the pocket and their service is second to none. Shoot me an email if you would like his number.

b-man715 @ hotmail.com

I own a sportdog sporthunter 800. It has been nothing but trouble for 3 years now. The battery connection inside the collar kept coming loose. Dealt with customer service and they obviously knew about the problem because they directed me to check this out first. I now have a piece of duct tape inside the collar to keep the battery connected. They wouldn't fix it for free because the one year labor warranty was expired. Battery life is short and it takes too long to recharge. If you quit hunting at dark, it won't be charged by morning. Not even close. I confronted one of their sales people at Cabelas about my problems. He claimed to have "never heard of the battery connection issues" and proceeded to avoid me so that I didn't ruin any of his potential new sales.