• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some Of The Poorest Fish Handling Ever?

Well, ............ ................. ............................................................. confusedconfused .................................................................. Thats 15:17 I will NEVER get back sickmadcrysick

WTH??? It is an internet vidio fishing show, put down the camera and help the guy land the fish so it doesn't die from the fight.

So many things he couldve done to save that fishes life.. Someone will find it floating along shore after a 15 to 20 minute fight and abuse on the boat floor.. He couldv just got in water when he was beached or the camera man couldve helped him? What an [PoorWordUsage]..

So many things he couldve done to save that fishes life.. Someone will find it floating along shore after a 15 to 20 minute fight and abuse on the boat floor.. He couldv just got in water when he was beached or the camera man couldve helped him?

That's what I was thinking, though the cameraman would've had to beach it a little better before helping. Otherwise there's no reason that couldn't have been hand landed. Luckily the hook popped out in the net, or that would have been another adventure. I doubt it swam right off (more like sank), I can't recall ever having a fish of any size swimming right away (usually 10-30 seconds before they take off).

Speaking of handling is there anywhere I can get a great big bag for replacement on my net. I'd prefer something near the southeast metro.

i wonder if that fish would also beat him in a game of checkers.

im gonna do fishing with scott, and my trade mark is gonna be speed troling rivers from shore while riding my mountain bike. I might put a playing card in the spokes to make the motor sound.

Apparently being a moreon fishing is taking by Joe.

No question, that was bad fish handling.

But the replies have been a little harse more harse than i anticipated while watching...they guy is obviously uneducated and underprepared but he didn't try to harm the fish and probably would have done a much better job if he'd known better...didn't seem like the type of [PoorWordUsage] i usually see with mishandling fish.

I dunno..my .02

Zelmsdawg

wow.. when he pulled out that $7.00 walmart net I had a little laugh. I think it's pretty funny that a guy like that thinks he has a fihing show. I also read alot of the comments and it just goes to show you what's out there in the world.

No question, that was bad fish handling.

But the replies have been a little harse more harse than i anticipated while watching...they guy is obviously uneducated and underprepared but he didn't try to harm the fish and probably would have done a much better job if he'd known better...didn't seem like the type of [PoorWordUsage] i usually see with mishandling fish.

I dunno..my .02

Zelmsdawg

I couldn’t agree more. While it wasn’t pretty, it’s obvious he hadn’t caught a fish like that before. In his defense, he did get it in the boat, unhooked it, cradled it and released it. The shore was right there, and it makes me wonder if a lot of unprepared guys would’ve just jumped on shore and dragged it in letting the thing flop around in the dirt and gravel.

I haven’t read all the comments on his YT video ( I did read some), but has anyone kindly suggested to him about being prepared next time and maybe trying to get it in the boat a little faster? I didn’t see any. As long as the video is getting some attention, why not?

Remember, this guy was just throwing cranks for bass or whatever and this thing came along. It’s not like he’s out there targeting musky with that little stick and panfish landing net.

rivers are great for muskie on small baits as a rule. if i could get a small jointed shad rap to run with a leader right i'd fish em all day. personally i've hooked dozens of muskie on tiny stuff. dozens of 35'' + northerns too. i just unhook it boatside without even landing it if i'm not prepared for a muskie, unless the situation makes it imperetive to save it. which IMO is what this guy could have done very easily as it was lip hooked and very fresh. if i'm fishing tiny stuff i'm not fishing for muskie so sometimes i'm just not prepared for them. also letting a tired fish go in current like he did is normally a death sentence. the current takes them to the bottom and bounces them off whatever is there. tree's, rocks, gravel dragging, head stuck in muck, whatever. please find a calm area before any tired fish release in a river. it'll save a life. ok my rant's over.

Well I took my own advice and posted a civil response suggesting more preparedness to him and low and behold a civil reply.

Nice fish Joe. Now that you know those big girls are in there, you can be prepared with heavier gear and a bigger net to ensure a quicker catch and release. I imagine that fish was pretty stressed after that long battle.

Good Luck!

Had no clue that I was going to hook into that fish when I did. I was actually fishing for spotted bass. It was a long hard battle but, the fish released very well. I put her back in and off she went off. I thought the fish would be stressed to but those River fish have a lot more stamina than lake fish because theyre always battling the current. Thanks for watching the show.

That video was posted 6 months ago and the guy still checks it daily to see if anyone has complemented him.

In his defense, new responses are emailed to the poster when added.

It's nice to see that we are all experts though. Making a decent video is much harder than it looks.

he's right about river fish having more stamina, tough as nails. even a walleye feels and fights like a pike does in a lake. if a muskie or pike get's into strong current and make's a run downstream it just makes the thrill even bigger. i still wish he would have just popped those hooks out boatside. he wasn't prepared, he knew he wasn't prepared and IMO the right thing is just to get the lure and let her swim. but that's just me. i'm kind of a nut when it comes to this. ok, not kind of. and that release into current was just wrong. just wrong. just wrong. mad ... speaking of video...