• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

G Loomis senko rod

luckycrank

Im sure its a nice rod but I do not own one. Currently I use a 7' Medium St. Croix. I like the longer rod because I usually let the senko fall on slack like and the longer rod really helps pick up slack when setting the hook.

I own both the Crucial, and the Cumara. There is a difference in weight and I much prefer the Cumara, however, it carries a much heavier price tag. You cant go wrong with the Shimano warranty either. Not that G Loomis is a bad one. Actually Shimano owns G-Loomis. I have both the 7'2" M action and the 7'2" MH.. both are a great rod.

Lucky,

I own 3, have owned and used them for a few years now. My opinion is that they are the best rods for Senko fishing I have used. I have no trouble with braid or flouro with them having thrown up to 30# Fireline and 10# flouro. I also have used and liked them with small swim baits. The length is just right and I have no problem skipping senkos under docks. As for the strength my largest MN bass to date 6lb 9 oz came on that rod. As a disclaimer I am on Loomis pro staff but would same the same thing about the rod even if I wasnt.