• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AMSOIL Question

shadypaddler

I recently inherited a 1989 2 stroke Evinrude motor. It runs fine and has never had any problems whatsoever. My question is what are the opinions of using AMSOIL to mix with the gas. If you are in favor what kind of AMSOIL would be the one to use with this motor.

shady

shadypaddler, This '89, is it off a 3 or 6 gallon tank, or a built in tank (in the boat)? If it's a 3 or 6 gallon tank, GO FOR IT!!! I have been running a '77 Johnson 35hp @ 100/1 Amsoil for like the last 8 years and I will NEVER go back to dino-oil again!! That 35 runs better EVERY time I take it out and I've got no STINK or blue cloud behind the boat!! Once you use it, you'll never go back, trust me!!!I have all my 2 strokes running on Amsoil now and It's GREAT!! If you premix, go with the 100:1 premix, for injector, use the injector. We need to know more about your motor to advise you on the Amsoil you should use. Phred52

I run the HP Injector in my pre-mix, but I wouldn't hesitate to use the 100:1 Sabre Outboard either as I run the Sabre Professional in my auger, string trimmer etc. with good results.