• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

restoring a fiberglass boat?????

ironman

I got a seriously great deal from a buddy of mine, 1977 Ranger bass boat, 140 horse, bow mount trolling motor, fish finder and trailer for $500! It runs, I know I fished out of it but the interior and exterior definetly show wear and age. Putting new carpet in will be easy but the surface of the boat needs work. It looks to me like some sort of clear coat is flacking off, is this gel coat? I've been told that that is a pain to replace. I hoping that its just clear coat and I can just remove the old and replace. Any help or info is greatly appreciated!

Do some searches in this forum for posts by Steve Bakken. He runs Bakken's Boat Shop and does a lot of work along these lines. You'll find good advise in his posts, and if you're not up for the work, give him a call... lots of fm'ers have had good luck with him and been happy with his work.

marine_man