• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sadly

Slowhand

I usually hang the rods up for the season when the cottonwoods start droppn leaves. That might be pushing it further than others, but I dont waterfowl hunt so I try and squeeze as much out of the season as I can. I suppose going off water temp would be a more technical method.

For me, the Sturgeon season interrupts a fair portion of the fall flathead bite, then before you know it, I'm bouncing jigs again until the river is solid and then on to drilling holes again smirk

Thanks for the reminder frown

I can tell you this, I'm getting the most out of this season though. laugh

It feels like a full one has passed already

Thanks for rubbn it in; three times out in July, that aint enough and its showing in my demeanor. Good for you for making the most of it....jealously can be a strong emotion wink. Your onto something there with the 'eye bite taking the edge off smile.

Let me tell you guys, it's been a great year for me! I made sure to put my time and went out earlier than everyone else and found the fish. Now that I am moved away from the river, it is very depressing but I know that I had one heck of a season in Kato this spring and summer. I will still be hitting the river occasionally when I can but it won't be like before when it was 3-4 times a week.

And for when I hang up the Cat rods...usually once it is too unbearably cold outside is when I call it quits. Last year I fished through most of October and then was done. This year I'll be doing some small game hunting so may not hit it hard in October like last year.

Yeah hats off to you and Nutter this year for vanguarding the Flat season on the Minn this spring. You guys were out there early/often pushing the season forward maybe getting some of us old turds out in the cold earlier than what we really wanted to. laugh.