Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brownie77

Still Spawning???????????

21 posts in this topic

went out last night to catch a few cats to smoke, when I got home, I found 2 stil had eggs. What the heck

The spawn doesn't turn on and off like a light switch. Some earlier than others, and some might not spawn at all. A good rule of thumb is expect cats to be in some sort of spawn mode the entire month of July.

OK, the plus side is that this was the chain, and there is no shortage of cats in that thing.

I think he mentioned he was fishing the Horseshoe chain....no flatheads there wink

We do have several types of catfish here in MN laugh

Yeah I should have cleared that up, i was wondering why that was asked. Like I said there is no shortage of CHANNEL cats here in Stearns county. smile

Yeah. don't make me mad, I will have to drive back home to Mankato and take a weeks vacation and just fish from shore and beat you to all your spots, which are probably some of my old spots. smile

I'm willing to bet the spawn is still going on very strong down on the MN river. I know some guys who have been out every night the last week with very little results.

We got blanked last night...not even a run.

Kinda figured as much myself. Only out once in the past week

I agree still spawning, I have proof, this is the first time since ice out that I have went a week with out being on the river wink

Same here. I went 11 days. Back at it tonight though if DaChise every gets here.

RiverRat and I picked up a couple flatties and a a nice channel last night. We weren't out very long but it was a beautiful night. I think spawn/post spawn the bite moves to a little later in the night.

Our bigger fish were well after dark last night, and they looked spawned out.

Good to hear you got on a couple nice ones last night Ed. I didn't have quite the luck as you for size, but they were more active last night then they have been. I seen a mid 30#er landed last night, just not from my boat.

I think at this point most of the big females are done spawning. Had a big girl tonight that showed no signs of recent spawning, she was HUNGRY and FAT.