• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Ice fishing boots

splakeshaker

I wore the Ice Armor boots pretty much last ice season. Worked great, until slushy and wet conditions came and got some leakage. But, have had that problem with other leather boots as well, so I always have a pair of 1400 gram Rubber Lacrosse for these conditions.

Have had Baffins too.. Along with a few pair of Rockys. All were good. So, lots of good choices out there.

Steger Mukluks. Spendy. Not technically waterproof but practically speaking are waterproof when treated with silicone. Tremendously lightweight, so your foot's circulation is never impeded, and circulation is a key to warm feet. Seven years for mine and still going strong.

Splakeshaker, while worn soles can contribute to cold feet, you should also think about spending the $25 to replace the wool felt liners. After even a couple seasons, walking and the weight of your body compresses the soles of the liners, and that makes them poor as insulators. Often a new pair of liners is all it takes to turn an ailing golden oldie boot into your new best friend.

Jeff,

Like mentioned in my post.. I wore the Ice Armor boots pretty much all last season.. They were great until I started to get into really slushy and standing water conditions. As always, when I had any other type of leather pack boot, I then switched to rubber knee high boots.

They were comfortable and kept my feet warm in pretty much all conditions.