• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Ice fishing boots

splakeshaker

I've had my pair of Sorell knock offs for 17 years now and feel I need to finally get a new pair. The bottom of my feet get pretty cold because the sole of my boots are so worn down. Looking for suggestions for a good pair of boots that will keep your feet warm when on ice. Thanks

Lacross IceKings, 5 years now never a cold foot, and I do a lot of fishing on the ice outside the porty, also use them for sleding. wink

That is the same boot that I use and I have no problems with my feet staying warm and I fish outside most of the time or if it is too cold I will fish out of my Otter so my feet are always on the ice. I frostbite my feet as a kid so they seem to get cold real fast if I do not have enough insulation between the bottoms of my feet and the ice. I only wear 1 pair of smartwool socks when I am fishing and never have had a problem.

My Rocky's blew out last year after ten years of wear. I ended up buying a pair of Baffin Boots. They are the warmest boots I have ever worn. Very comfortable too. You won't go hiking in them but they are a very nice pack boot.

I like the rubbers that you slip on over shoes or smaller boots (hiking, etc.) because you can put as many socks on as you need (as long as they fit in the inner "shoe"- its tough to put too many on) they are waterproof as heck, and you can taken them off if you're in somewhere warmer/ drier.

Most comfortable "boot" there is.

Lacrosse Ice Kings for me as well. I can't remember if I bought them in highschool or college, but they are in the neighborhood of 15 years old and I use them for late winter deer hunting and ice fishing and they've held up great and kept me warm.

I've had the trans-alaska III pac boots for about three years. The big box store in Rogers or Owatonna sells them. Like some of the boots mentioned here, they aren't the best to hike a mile, but will keep your feet warm in the worst conditions. They have a ton of insulation under your foot, eliminating the need for a foam pad to stand on in the portable.

They are spendy, but when it comes to boots, you usually get what you pay for.

bought a pair of Muck boots last winter and loved them....warm comfortable and waterproof....a little spendy but well worth it when you are like me and pop 20-30 holes everytime out!!

I have a pair of Baffin boots. they are rated to -148, never had cold feet and fish outside all winter long in conditions up to -40. Definately worth extra coin and they are a very rugged boot.