• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thermacell Mosquuito Repellent

Yes, I own two. I cannot say that they smell as I have used it for archery hunting and no issues with the deers nose. Thats a tough nose to beat.

Overall, I would not go fishing in the morning or evening on the ribver without it.

We also use it on the patio.

They also have an earth scented repellent pad now if you're at all worried about having a bad scent around from the original pad.

If you're also interested, they make a piece that snaps over the front grill and you can apply your favorite scent to a different pad and it heats, supposedly making it stronger. I have a good friend of mine that used it to go bear hunting and honey to the pad to do a honey burn.

My brother-in-law, who thinks he knows everything, mocked me incessently when I started using mine on the Fourth of July. He thinks its a big gimmick. I tried to explain to him a few times how it worked and he just shook his head. Then when one mosquito came near him, he really gave me grief. I just ignored him like usual but I get a kick out of it since he's carried on before about how well Citronella candles work. Hello, same concept except a lot better and more effective.

Keep an eye out for sales at that big Fleet place they run from time to time. I got a super deal on the 4 pak refills there this spring.

The bugs haven't even been close to what they were last year, so I haven't been using up my supply all that much.

I would not even consider sitting in astand or a blind without one early in the season.

Wife was even impressed at our latest campfire when she was going to go in due to the bugs, until I broke out the Thermocell, she decided to stay a bit longer.

Mark