Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

How to create an @mention - Click Here   07/16/2015

You can use the @mention aspect whenever you want someone to be notified about a post or let them know you are talking about them. Type the @ symbol type in a couple "lowercase" letters pause then once the names pop-up either select or keep typing in letters to narrow down the list until you get the @mention name you are looking for. You can play a game so members can see how it works. If you want to practice or If your name has been @mentioned below you should see it in your notifications (upper right) and you then have to @mention one or two members who haven't been mentioned inthe comments section below. Let's see how long we can keep this going. Anyone who duplicates a name that has already been @mentioned loses. This is the first group to be @mentioned to get the ball rolling: @Borch @Scott K @Corey Bechtold @Matt Johnson @mrklean @eyeguy 54 @Finns @IceHawk @MarkB @Cliff Wagenbach @Wayne Ek
Sign in to follow this  
Seabass77

Camping within 2 hours where I can wet a line from the campsite

A group of 6-8 buddies of mine are getting together soon to do some camping. I am looking for a spot where we can camp and maybe let a line out for a few fish during the day. My first instinct was the st. croix but initial looks make it appear a little more complicated that I am looking for. I really don't want to boat in anywhere. Maybe I am dreaming but I thought I would ask.

Not picky on what type of fish.

Thanks!

Interstate State Park on the St. Croix at St. Croix Falls shouldn't cause too much trouble. Also William O'Brian State Park aways south of Interstate.

You didn't mention bringing any alcohol but I thought I'd point out that alcohol consumption is not allowed in State Parks. Hate to see you and your group run into trouble if you were to bring some beer.

I am actually going to try and get a riverside spot at Hidden Valley campground on the cannon. I really am just looking to have a line in the water while I cook and hang out. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Drove over to Hidden Valley on Friday afternoon and it was wet, and packed. I ended up driving over to Island Marina and Campground in Red Wing and staying there for the weekend. It was very clean and a great location. Staff was very curtious and nice. Fellow campers were also very nice.

Is St.Croix busy on the weekends in the summer? I'm thinking about heading there friday instead of North Star lake by Grand Rapids. Stay a bit closer to home this trip.