• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camping within 2 hours where I can wet a line from the campsite

Seabass77

A group of 6-8 buddies of mine are getting together soon to do some camping. I am looking for a spot where we can camp and maybe let a line out for a few fish during the day. My first instinct was the st. croix but initial looks make it appear a little more complicated that I am looking for. I really don't want to boat in anywhere. Maybe I am dreaming but I thought I would ask.

Not picky on what type of fish.

Thanks!

Interstate State Park on the St. Croix at St. Croix Falls shouldn't cause too much trouble. Also William O'Brian State Park aways south of Interstate.

You didn't mention bringing any alcohol but I thought I'd point out that alcohol consumption is not allowed in State Parks. Hate to see you and your group run into trouble if you were to bring some beer.

I am actually going to try and get a riverside spot at Hidden Valley campground on the cannon. I really am just looking to have a line in the water while I cook and hang out. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Drove over to Hidden Valley on Friday afternoon and it was wet, and packed. I ended up driving over to Island Marina and Campground in Red Wing and staying there for the weekend. It was very clean and a great location. Staff was very curtious and nice. Fellow campers were also very nice.