• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It has been only 4 months with out her and he is still lost. A buddy of mine lost his Step- dauther 4 months ago today and is still very lost. She was only 12 when she lost the fight with cancer, he is still wishing it was him. I know a minute doesnot pass that he doesnot think of her. He text me a few nights ago say that he was just think of all the things they wanted to do together and now they can't. I pray for him and his family to heal but I know that they must do it in their on time. So as you read this today just give that loved one an extra hug and say I love you because we never know when the time has come that they may be gone. Thank you Matt

That is a sad story Matt. I could never imagine what your friend is going through. 4 months is not enough time to heal over the loss of your child. Continually let him know you are there for him and give him a shoulder lean on. That's all you can really do. My heart really goes out to him, I can't imagine anything worse than that.

My heart goes out to your friend. It must be almost unbearable. A parent should not have to bury a child (step or not).

I day does not pass without me thanking the lord for my two little ones. I try to appreciate every moment with them and try to take every opportunity to do things with them. They will grow old soon enough and be gone.

My thoughts and prayer's are with your friend.

Thor

I know everyone is different, but I lost my 5 month old son last year to SIDS. I know just how much pain he is feeling, especially while thinking about all of the things they should have done together in life. One thing that helped me was whenever I was missing him and feeling really depressed, I would force myself to think about a particular memory that would make me smile every time. It's hard to feel cheated about their loss when you're remembering how great those little moments were.

My heart goes out to your friend and his family.

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child. We expect to someday have to bury our parents, and that is tough enough, but not our children.