• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Going to my first race!

Cootz

Me and a buddy are heading to the Brickyard this Thursday. We should be sitting on the end of pit road facing the track. I bought a scanner to listen to the drivers and am just starting to try and figure out how to use it. Where does everyone get their frequencies for listening? And any other tips for a race appreciated...

We've always rented the scanners - they come preset. Have fun! I am a bit jealous!

Make sure you read the info the track sends out with the tickets on size allowances on bags, what is allowed in, etc. I have seen some very nice things just get left at the gate because the people didn't read their booklets. You should be able to find that stuff on the track's HSOforum as well.

Scanners are nice, the headset makes it wirth while. Make sure you have a good head set. If you are going with someone you can get a splitter so you both can listen. You can get the frequencies at the track from one of the venders that sells or rents the electronics. I haven't been to a race in about 7 years but friends that have used my scanner say that most of teams still run the same frequenies. Get to the track early and maybe do some tailgating or visit the suvonior trailers. Also check and see what if, anything that you can carry in.

I believe jayski still has free scanner sheets on his site. Otherwise do a search and you'll find them or as stated the scanner rental places will sell you a list for a few bucks at the track.