• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time to take "Flight"

Well not quite, but this little one has to be given an "A" for the effort anyway! grin

As I was focused in and shooting this young Kildeer it suddenly decided to attempt a "take-off". It began frantically flaping it's tiny, under developed wings and at the same time began running as fast it as it's legs would go.

IMG_0057-1.png

This was quickly followed by a massive leap upwards with it's stuby little wings beating frantiacally all to no avail!

IMG_0059-3-1.png

In the end the little Kildeer failed at it's attempt to take to the air. However I suspect it would be long before success will be the order of the day!

In this last photo it looks like he or she is attempting to look like a ghost! wink

IMG_0060-1.png

Thanks all! There's at leaat five nesting pairs of Kildeer who successfully nested on our property and with in a stones throw from our house. This makes for some easy access for me!

Thanks again for your coments. My attempt here was to deliver a little humor and my little friend here was cooperative in helping me accomplish it! wink