• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who will be the next Wild Player??

colonel42

Well, this mornings Mpls rag says the Wild has signed a center from the AHL to a one year deal. In prior NHL experience he has scored 6 goals in 44 games. Wow!

I hope this is not the last of the exciting free agent signings we were told to expect becasue if it is.......yawn!

I'm pretty sure the Wild said they were going for Saku(Signed with Ducks) and if that doesn't work out they would try and work a trade because they felt there wasn't much quality left out there. There was also some talk of keeping some cap room open because a few teams are currently over the cap and they might be able to work out a nice deal. I feel Harding will be moved some time before the season.

Teams might want to wait to see how Harding plays now.(with a new wide open style of hockey in front of him) I don't think this new style is going to be any differant. You still need to play D if you want to win.

I agree, they way they addressed the D in FA I dont see a real wide open offensive style next season. Defense wins championships

Fletcher was on Ch. 4 with Mark Rosen on Sunday and this question came up. Fletcher said that Harding "deserves a shot somewhere to be a #1 goalie", so he's willing to trade Harding if they can get a good player or two in return.

Just way to much stress in MN sports these days. Who will the Wild trade Harding for?? Three top Twins players are begging for infield help who will the Twins pick up??? Or not?? The Vikings will the Ex-Packer sign or not. The T-Wolves are trading like mad?? Everyday is a waiting game.

I'm guessing a little closer to the season start, there will be a lot more trade activity for the Wild. Teams who are over or close to being over may try to make some space before the season starts. I really do think Harding is as good as gone and I completely agree that he deserves a #1 position somewhere. Hopefully that somewhere has some good offensive talent in exchange.

Yep they need to trade him for the Wild and for his sake. He deserves a shot IMO. Before DR gave Backs the big contract I was hoping they would move Backs and sign Harding as their longer term goalie. I think both of these guys are starting NHL goalies.

Harding is younger and has a better up-side. If Wild could trade Backstrom there would be more return.

No way, Backs is solid, Lets not turn the wild organization into the twins organization, and trade away our veterans just to have young talent. Signing Backs was a very good move for the Wild

I agree keeping Backs was a good move. Had the new Wild Management decided to rebuild the team I'd say trade him for as much as possilbe and keep Harding for the future. After seeing them sign Havlat and go after Koivu it pretty clear they want to win now and try and restock through the draft. Hopefully it all works out.

I just have a lot of faith in Harding- he would be a solid #1 and will improve if put in more game situations. I just wonder what Backstrom could have or would have brought to us in terms of a trade.

No way we get rid of Backs...Harding on the other hand is not proven and I realize that is because he has not been given the chance but it is way too risky to find out. He is a great backup goalie but when he starts asking for more than $2 million we need to trade him.

The fact is at this current time not many teams are looking for a number 1 or a 1B goalie so trades would not be the best route at this time. At the trade deadline, however, things may be different.

Our goaltending is top notch. I'd have complete faith throwing Harding between the pipes during any game this season. As for Backstrom, it's hard to up-trade for someone when he's the most consistent goaltender in the NHL. What we need is some high-profile scorers that can put the puck in the net. The wild has struggled with consistent offense since day one and hopefully with all the new moves being made this year things will improve.

Any news on Alex Tanguay? *fingers crossed*