• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Only the Twins pitching

harvey lee

How do you lose a game like the Twins did after that huge lead.

Our pitchers simply stink and there is no way they will win the division with pitiful pitching like this.

The call at homeplate in the 9th to tie the game was as bad as the pitching.

One cannot do what they did tonight and expect to be contenders.

The owners really need to pick up some good pitching or when the top 2 contracts come up, Joe & Jason will be gone. How could one expect them to stay with no chance at a ring and owners who seem to not want to put forth the extra effort.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not all that concerned about our starters yeah we could use a number one guy instead of 5 number 2 or 3 guys but overall I'm pretty happy..

Tough to pitch after 10 days off I do expect Blacky to bounce back next time out!

As crazy as it seems In-spite of Morneau 6 RBI's I blame him mostly for the loss you have to catch a routine foul ball...

UMMM Go Twins!

As crazy as it seems In-spite of Morneau 6 RBI's I blame him mostly for the loss you have to catch a routine foul ball...

UMMM Go Twins!

Fail to catch one foul ball and you blame Morneau? I sure hope you're joking.

Morneau over ran a pop up foul ball and completely missed it. I stayed up and watched the entire game and I don't believe that the A's scored a run in the inning Morneau missed that pop up. Maybe someone can confirm.

That was the worst pitching performance that I have ever witnessed by the Twins staff. It just seemed like it wasn't the Twins night, and no matter what, they weren't going to win that game. Then the umpire blows a call at the plate in the 9th that would have tied the game.

Does anyone think a play at the plate or any base should be reviewable? Maybe give each team 1 challenge per game?

How do you lose a game like the Twins did after that huge lead.

Our pitchers simply stink and there is no way they will win the division with pitiful pitching like this.

The call at homeplate in the 9th to tie the game was as bad as the pitching.

One cannot do what they did tonight and expect to be contenders.

The owners really need to pick up some good pitching or when the top 2 contracts come up, Joe & Jason will be gone. How could one expect them to stay with no chance at a ring and owners who seem to not want to put forth the extra effort.

I agree 100% with you Harvey! I really thought they would put a good team together this year so they could compete next year in the new park. Unfortunatly it seems to be more of the same. Mediocrity. Guess they are just going to enjoy the huge crowds at the new stadium without having to cough up for a contending lineup.

The pop fly along with the two miss played throws from Punto. Short hops for a first basemen are 99.9% usually caught. Can't say he had a bad game though. At the beginning of the game I could tell it was going to be a long game!!! Heck by the second inning there were already twenty hit combined. Very fun game to watch!!! Glad I feel a sleep in the sixth inning. Sad to have to come to work and find out they lost on a crappy call. Oh well that is why they play so many games.

The pop fly along with the two miss played throws from Punto. Short hops for a first basemen are 99.9% usually caught. Can't say he had a bad game though. At the beginning of the game I could tell it was going to be a long game!!! Heck by the second inning there were already twenty hit combined. Very fun game to watch!!! Glad I feel a sleep in the sixth inning. Sad to have to come to work and find out they lost on a crappy call. Oh well that is why they play so many games.

strange take.

up until last night the bullpen had been lights out for a very long stretch. baker and liriano are also improving.

really its perkins and duensing that stink. keppel had been lights out until last night, mijares has been unhittable but made a mistake.

the problems with this team are more offensive than pitching. outside of Mauer and Morneau (sometimes span/cuddy) the lineup has been dreadful.

managing has been brutal as well.

our number 2 hitters have been terrible. during our best stretch we allowed mauer to hit 2nd. gardy has stubbornly gone away from that.

also last night if he doesnt pinch hit him in the 8th he could've pinch hit him in the 9th and oakland has to face Mauer Morneau Kubel Cuddy...instead he used him in the eighth and then oakland just had to get the mighty punto out.

Originally Posted By: thatoneguy
the call at the plate was awful, but irrelevant. If you blow a 10 run lead, you deserve to lose.

Haha, couldn't agree more! Can't blame the game on 1 play...cuz we lost a 10 run lead!!

miss the part where oakland allowed the twins to build that lead and then should've squandered it back with the wild pitch.

why should oakland be off the hook? they didnt deserve to win either.

umps blowing calls that directly affect the outcome of the game ARE at fault. umpires are not allowed to take into account who "deserved" it when making a call. their job is to make the correct call if the game is 1-0 or 20-0.

the "didn't deserve to win" take is the most ridiculous sports take around.

I'll chime in again, ...Just to humor you a tad - Ok so how do you determine which play "cost us the game"?!?

all plays cost. some for, some against. hopefully more for than against.

both teams made several "costly" plays, but the game did not deserve to be ended on a clear play.

the twins didn't "deserve" to win or lose. what they deserved was the opportunity to play on to see which team that played poorly should have won. the umpires stole that opportunity from fans and major league baseball standings.

I love these, the sky is falling and it's over threads we have every year in here.

-Playoff teams don't give up 10 run leads... oh wait the Red Sox did a couple weeks ago with the BEST bulpen and they blew a 9-1 lead against KC but manged a win like we could have if the ump didn't miss an important call.

Were done and certain to finish 3rd "see same thread last year same time" ...Oh wait we have 70 games left and we're 2 back..LOL.

Yeah it's over folks... grin

Go Twins

It's just gotten to the point where outcomes like this are expected from professional sports teams based in MN.

Put the best MLB team in Twins uniforms and they'll stink.

Put the best NFL team in Vikes uniforms and they'll stink.

Put the best NHL team in Wild uniforms and they'll stink.

Put the best NBA team in Wolves uniforms and yup you guessed it....................THEY'LL STINK!!!! wink

No matter what the outcome is, it's not just one individual who blows a game like last night. It's an entire team, including the management.