• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Edina Man Catches 48 Inch Muskie (Video From WCCO)

my favorite is the walleye eating machine grin . must have been another guy who is just a bad fisherman and has to blame muskie. nice they broadcasted that huh? only a million more thinking it's really true.

Kinda made me laugh that a guy gets a 48" out of Minnetonka, and he makes the news!? I think a 48" fish is fairly average to the regular muskie nut. And yet there are millions of people watching that who are shocked there was ever such a fish swimming. Ha ha. grin

I figured you'd all enjoy this. I had a good chuckle myself. I love how the news crew is there as he is releasing the fish. How long was this fish "captive"? It would be fun to write an editorial and inform them of proper musky technique.

Oh boy do we have along way to go in educating these non muskie people. sick

No doubt....Don Shelby "Don't take your kids swimming in Minnetonka." Geeesh. Countless people swimming and skiing in lakes I fish knowing there are bigger fish then that one! No arms or legs chewed on lately that I know of..

Kinda made me laugh that a guy gets a 48" out of Minnetonka, and he makes the news!? I think a 48" fish is fairly average to the regular muskie nut. And yet there are millions of people watching that who are shocked there was ever such a fish swimming. Ha ha. grin

I been musky fishing for a good number of years now and I think a 48" is a dandy. Much better than average anyway

I would be happy with a 48....good luck teaching everyone good release techniques. If we had an extra cast for everytime we said or thought this we would all have more fish in the boat.....and I may eventually get one. smile

I think he meant that a 48" is not news worthy. A 48" is a nice fish, but they are commonly caught. Even a 50" is commonly caught, not news worthy either. Catch a state record, now we're talking news worthy.

Click Here!

Congrates to the guy and good job on the release. What more can you do than quit work, hang out at the launches 24/7, 365 days a year and maybe run into one situation like this. Isn't Don S a bass guys anyways?

Wow it is truly embarrassing the lack of basic knowledge about fish these newscasters have. Some quick research would tell them that was a muskie, they are common in the lake, etc. I am happy for the fisherman, but am embarrassed for the news anchors.

The whole thing is pretty sad, but the fish swam away in good shape and will survive, despite all that nonsense. Personally when it comes to minnetonka theres bigger issues to fret about damaging the fishery on a daily basis.