Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Musky_Madness

Mississippi Muskies Around Brainerd

9 posts in this topic

My uncle and I are going to target some muskies on the 'Sippi around Brainerd on Thursday. Anyone have any tips for the river? I have never fished the river for muskies before. Any general suggestions/tips/general locations would be helpful.

Thanks In Advance

fish eddies. it's your best chance and the easiest hangouts to find, well except maybe feeder creeks AND eddies combined.

Cool! We'll be in a black 1850 Crestliner (the one with the 2 guys holding 50" fish) smile

haha, 2 guys? same time? that'd be a heck of a double. Better hope someone comes by with an extra net.

Have you decided where you're launching from yet?

Quote:
Cool! We'll be in a black 1850 Crestliner (the one with the 2 guys holding 50" fish)

ppppfffppt, a 50'' out of a river? yer dreamin' pal. nothing but stunted, little tiny, skinny. malnourished, juviniles in river. better off going for sunfish. better fight than any wimpy muskie in river. grin

MM - Why go way up to Brainerd? Right at home man!

What bigfish said is very true though, I just throw the big baits to get big smallmouth.

I'm going to see my uncle that lives in Brainerd. I'll spend some time with my cousin and take him musky fishing for the first time tomorrow probably on Lake Alexander or head up to Lake Wabedo/Little Boy.