Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brade4

Timberwolves Trade

29 posts in this topic

Timberwolves get- Quentin Richardson

Clippers get- Sebastian Telfair

Mark Madsen

Craig Smith

If they just let him shoot the 3 unlike in New York where he couldnt do anything he could be a big plus, plus we got rid of the mad dog finally.

not a bad trade....open up 2 roster spots and and 2.7 million for the summer of 2010 free agency....Q will be an interesting player to watch..oh and he is a SG in which we had 1 on our roster...now we only have 1 PG coming into camp the way it sits and he is a rookie

At least they are doing something. None of those players were indespensible.

Richardson will jack up 3's like they are going out of style!

Without looking but dont we have my perrogitive Bobby Brown still at point?

i hope they get rid of Ricky, an 18 year old kid who hasnt played a second in the NBA already getting an attitude because he doesnt like who drafted him. Let trade the rights to him and bring in someone who really wants to play. I will give that to the mad dog, he wasnt very good but the dude wanted to play and he played hard.

i hope they get rid of Ricky, an 18 year old kid who hasnt played a second in the NBA already getting an attitude because he doesnt like who drafted him. Let trade the rights to him and bring in someone who really wants to play. I will give that to the mad dog, he wasnt very good but the dude wanted to play and he played hard.

What are you talking about? Rubio never said anything about not wanting to play in Minnesota. Also, that 18 year old kid has 4 years of experience playing pro ball, albeit overseas. He played extremely well against the U.S. team as well.

With the trade of Telfair we are left with BB and Flynn. Kahn is in Spain and it sounds like they are working with that team to get the buyout taken care of. Something like investing in their team and buying out another guys contract would drop Rubios buyout price. Specifics are a little sketchy right now. His team just signed another point guard as well. Rubios team is very cash strapped and they want money. They could really care less about Rubio. They want the money. Period! I think the deal will get done shortly.

So with this trade Brewer is the longest tenure on the team being drafted in 2007.

as they say on "the fan"....Not a great basketball mind

Without looking but dont we have my perrogitive Bobby Brown still at point?

yep. he had a player option and took it (surprise......) he knew he couldnt latch on anywhere.

ugggghhhhhh.....I thought Bobby Brown was gone with Sheldon Williams........oh well I am sure Bobby Brown won't see much playing time!!

Has anyone noticed how the 3rd PG ( Ty Lawson) the wolves selected did in the Las Vegas league......he might be the best PG of the 3 we drafted!!!!

Johnny Flynn has been tearing up that league with penetration and outside shooting, good assist ratio as well.

As for Richardson, good shot but too old and doesn't or has never played defense. If this trade was made when he was in his prime I'd be all for it, but it wasn't like they gave up alot to get Q. Maybe he will help.Who is going to coach this group? Late reports have a bunch of assistant coaches from other teams being considered. One of the worst run franchises in pro sports.

Q is a stop gap. They basically traded him to get a SG (which they were short on) and his contract expires next year. I think they are going to have a good amount of cap room for the great free agent class next year.

Q is a stop gap. They basically traded him to get a SG (which they were short on) and his contract expires next year. I think they are going to have a good amount of cap room for the great free agent class next year.

bingo. until the trade it would have been Ellington(unless you buy the flynn/rubio garbage that kahn spewed). its probably best to work the rooks in slowly.

Keep Mad Dog because he played "hard"? Are you Icelandic? I play hard on the court, but no one is mistaking me for Shaq.

Good gravy - we just cleared out some space for next year. The puppies aren't going to win as many games as they did last year. They are rebuilding. And I still think this was a nice strong sign that they think Rubio will play this year.

It could be a very interesting year - not many wins, but a lot of fun.

I think the T-wolves will suprise some people next year. Wouldn't be suprised if Quentin is traded again before this season gets started....

I think the T-wolves will suprise some people next year. Wouldn't be suprised if Quentin is traded again before this season gets started....

it would be to his 5th team since June 20th, i believe.

Love the cap room. Madsen was overpaid for his role. I liked Craig Smith, but we had too many undersized power forwards for him to see many minutes. I spot started him in fantasy basketball when a few injuries left me short and he had a couple double doubles.

I miss the old days when Q was playing with D. Miles and did the antennas up salute.

bambam-752409.jpg

Heard today they are going to go after that Fernandez SG from Portland that used to play with Rubio in Spain...........

Damien Wilkins and Chucky Aitkins for Etan Thomas and 2 second round draft picks(we had 4 next year in the second).

Just more cap manuvering...All that will be left from last years team will be Jefferson, Love, Brewer and Gomes. When you lose like they did, it's time to clear house.

I am glad too. Get some expiring contracts, have a ton of money the following year, and go all in.