• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electric Ice Auger

Brade4

Bartman so the Strikemaster electra comes with everything right? I'm confused. From every pic I've seen its got the cables on the auger. Does it have to be plugged in everytime I use?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How'd you get both for $350? I thought the drill was more than that!!

Ok, I looked to make sure. The whole unit (minus the cordless) is $287.50... Sorry for the confusion.

Neighbor of mine has the Strike Master electric. He doesn't like it at all after using my Ice Gator. He couldn't believe how many holes one charge will do with an 8" auger. He doesn't like the idea of having to use cables every time, and even with the deep cycle batteries, he can't drill as many holes as I can. He got peed-off, and thought it was his battery, so he bought a new interstate, but that wasn't it either. He ordered the Ice Gator shortly after that.

When it comes to the IceGator I'm confused as heck. I'm on the site right now. I'm looking at the attacker. It says sale price $320. What is included? Just the head of the drill? Not the auger or what?

Really? By looking at the Ice Gator attacker something about it just looks cheap. Do you have the attacker?

Yes, I have the Attacker, and am very pleased with it. I did have to get warranty work done on it because of a faulty switch. They have wonderful customer service, and fast return. I haven't had any problems after it was returned to me. Love the power, and cutting speed.

When it comes to the IceGator I'm confused as heck. I'm on the site right now. I'm looking at the attacker. It says sale price $320. What is included? Just the head of the drill? Not the auger or what?

You get the motor head, choice of 9ah/12ah batteries/charger, and one adaptor for a hand auger for that price.

I use my lazer hand auger on mine.

I have not seen an Icegator in person yet and there are not any dealers in MN, so I'd have to find someone on the ice to see one. I agree the handles look cheap on the HSOforum (they may not be in person). The icegator runs off 24v, so I see that it could potentially last longer or spin faster. I love the customer service from Strikemaster and with them in Big Lake, you can't go wrong in my opinion. BKS, you are correct that the 320 is only for the Head and batteries, you still need to purchase a hand auger bit.

I have not seen an Icegator in person yet and there are not any dealers in MN, so I'd have to find someone on the ice to see one. I agree the handles look cheap on the HSOforum (they may not be in person). The icegator runs off 24v, so I see that it could potentially last longer or spin faster. I love the customer service from Strikemaster and with them in Big Lake, you can't go wrong in my opinion. BKS, you are correct that the 320 is only for the Head and batteries, you still need to purchase either a hand auger and adapter or a gas auger bit. Gas bits are usually $100+

Correction: Yon don't need an adaptor for a gas auger bit. It fits right to them. The adaptor for the hand auger comes with the purchase of the motor head.

You can purchase extensions for thick ice.

looks to be virtually the same weight as a gas unit. Between the weight of the 12v battery, drive mechanism, and metal auger bit it is the same weight. The benefit over gas would be the lack of fumes and monkeying around with gas or gas/oil.

Battery looks to remove easily to bring into a shack if you need to.

I do not have first hand experience with the life of the battery as I run a strike-lite

I was able to punch a few holes with the IceGator last winter. There is something to be said about pushing one button to drill through, punch hole, push another button to clear slush (reverse) and back out.....done.

Not sure if it can get much easier.

The only thing I'm worried about is brand name. Kluge? What is warranty like?

I understand your apprehension. Check out the site, they've been in the biz since the 50's. I never heard of them up until last year. It really works well for me!