• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electric Ice Auger

Brade4

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the weight is just about the same as for jamming no hasnt happened to me what I usually do is lift the auger often starting when the flights fill with ice shaving and never put any weight on it hold and lift often though if you did jam there is always the good ol reverse button

the weight is 23 lbs with 9ah batteries plus the bit you choose

and 28 with 12 ah batteries plus bit that I think makes them comparable though when checking out local pawn shop the other day for a pistol they had a jiffy and I hefted it up and it seemed to be much heavyer to me

I have the Strikemaster Electric and Love it. With our wheelhouse, no smoke and the slower blades don't make a mess. IMO for inside uses you cannot beat them. You plug them into the outlet in the house and when you get home and plug int he wheelhouse it charges itself back up. (we have a battery charger hooked up to the house battery and the house is 110 ready) slick deal that everything is charging when the house is plugged in! Vex too!

the weight is 23 lbs with 9ah batteries plus the bit you choose

and 28 with 12 ah batteries plus bit that I think makes them comparable though when checking out local pawn shop the other day for a pistol they had a jiffy and I hefted it up and it seemed to be much heavyer to me

Do you have the 9 A-h or the 12 A-h batteries?

If I still had my wheelhouse I'd really be tempted to retire the trusty ol' Jiffy on one of these units.

Ever hear of Kluge ice drills? Well, long story short, I met the owner of the company who produces this and got on his pro staff. He sent it to me and I gotta tell ya, I am amazed. I use a 36v hammer drill (that came w/2 batteries) and you can cut some serious ice!! Grand total weight: 13 lbs.

Im havin issues posting the pic of it so if it doesn't work, they do have a site. If anyone is interested, shoot me an email and I can point you in the right direction.

027.jpg

How many holes per battery can you cut with that thing? How has the drill held up?

75 ft. of ice per battery roughly. 20" in 10 seconds... It's held up fine! You can drill out old holes easily too. No complaints here! I truely believe that this will be the next big thing in ice drills!

So 75ft, that equates to about 900 in/battery. So if you had 15in of ice,that would be 60 holes per battery, or 36 holes with 25in of ice. That's not bad, actually. Especially if you had a back up battery.

Ordered an Icegator through their HSOforum Yesterday. Running an off season sale I guess, $300 for the attacker with 12 ah batteries. Looking at ordering a Nils 8" hand auger to go with it. I was going to use my Lazer mag express bit, but like the idea of having both gas and electric, and don't want to mess around with swapping out. So total price will be around $420 for the baddest electric auger around! grin

Just for piece of mind, the Nils hand auger, when ordered as a hand auger is the same bit as the power, correct?

Ordered an Icegator through their HSOforum Yesterday. Running an off season sale I guess, $300 for the attacker with 12 ah batteries. Looking at ordering a Nils 8" hand auger to go with it. I was going to use my Lazer mag express bit, but like the idea of having both gas and electric, and don't want to mess around with swapping out. So total price will be around $420 for the baddest electric auger around! grin

Just for piece of mind, the Nils hand auger, when ordered as a hand auger is the same bit as the power, correct?

Boy, you got a better deal. They are still listing them on the site tonight at $320.00 for the Attacker.

Yes it is the same bit on the Nils hand auger as it is on the power model .Infact if you buy the power model you get a hand crank with it too .

TD

How'd you get both for $350? I thought the drill was more than that!!

If I remember right the bit was under 200. You can get a bosch 36v for like 185 w/2 batteries. Ok well under 400 then. smile