• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Monster White Sturgeon Video! Now This Looks Like Fun.

Shack

No out of water pics with this fish wink

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Makes the largest ones from the Rainy look like legal minnow size. I like when they say "That's a ten or an eleven footer" like it is nothing whistle

My dad lives out there and if anyone wants to chase these beasts it is pretty easy. There is a dam called Bonneville near the location where this fish is caught. There are boats all over the dam and it is thick with big sturgeon. They also have lots of room to fish from shore. It is a little over an hour drive from the Portland airport. They have a hatchery near the dam and you can go and see some big broodstock females. The other interesting thing is that many restaurants in the area serve sturgeon. It is one of the best tasting fish I've had. In addition to sturgeon, there are huge smallmouth and walleye in the river system. The Washington page on FM has some photos of huge eyes.