• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spiders

ripper

The paint store used to have some stuff that you could put in the paint and it worked for 3-4 years on my house. Now I just use a hand held Hudson and dilute some insecticide and spray the house. It will last a while depending on the rain. Of course I can't remember the juice I use but you ought to be able to get something from the U of M extension service.

I'll second the Ortho Home Defense. When we bought our house on the lake the ceder siding was covered with webs/spider nests. It was pretty sick.

We spend the weekend cleaning all the webs off with broom/brush/vacuum then applied the Ortho. No more spider problems. You have to reapply 1-2x per year but it is worth it not to have all the spider webs covering the house. My neighbor hires a professional service that do it annually.

Jerkbait - Not an expert, but I initially sprayed the entire wall, soffets, and the edges around windows.

When reapplying (approx 1-2x per year), I just did around the windows, along foundation and along roof/soffets - if walls or other areas are still getting webs then I will hit those areas as well.

Been working pretty well for me

I just did the same thing to a tiny cabin we are re-doing. Was used as a utility shed and inside/outside was covered in spiders. Cleaned it real good, then sprayed the entire thing with the Ortho Maxx. Figure once before freeze up in fall, and once next spring before we finish it off. Thanks for the info!

When we bought our house, no one had lived in it for almost a year. The place had spiders inside and out. The Ortho Home Defense kicked A$$. We do it once in the spring and once in the fall around the entire perimeter of the house, in our gazebo, and in the basement. It works wonders.

I'd definitely clean out the ones inside, I mean no one wants them crawling on you as you sleep, but I'd leave the outside ones. They don't bother you and they specifically eat everything that does bother you.