• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battery charge time?

Drewski

I just got an olympus stylus 790 SW and have been looking at the instructions and they say it takes 5 hours to charge the battery (it is a LI-42B battery and the charger is a LI-40C). This seems kinda long and I was wondering if anyone else has this camera and how long does it take to fully charge it? Maybe the five hours is for the very first charge it takes?

Thanks for the help in advance!

drewski, I have a Sony Optio 30 camera that takes the same battery. I have 2 chargers, one that the battery goes into and then the charger goes into the wall outlet and the other is a charger that has a detachable cord. The first one charges VERY slowly, though I haven't timed the charge, I'd guess it's around 4.5-5 hours. The second charger can get the job done in about ~2 hours. The only complaint I had about the camera was that the battery seemed to draw down even while the camera wasn't being used. I charged 2 batteries on the same charger, put 1 in the camera and the other in the storage case. About 10 days later I turned the camera on only to get the message 'Battery depleated', I switched batteries, turned it on again and got the same message! Next step is to call the battery mfgr to find out if it's a problem inherent to Lithium-Ion batteries. Phred52