• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

That Lake?

KING

Do any of you have "that lake" that you cannot quite seem to crack the code?

For me it is Bemidji, for whatever reason it just seems that the days I can fish it conditions are poor, my boat control goes to heck, backlash, when I hit a good feeding window fish "unstick". It seems if it can go wrong there it does. I keep thinking it owes me, but seems to not pay me back.

I think the reason I struggle is I grew up fishing more "visable" stucture on LOTW and am ultimately more sucessful on "cast to structure" lakes. Points, islands, saddles, reefs, etc. Bemidji is much more underwater structure like bars and weedlines, I often feel like I am casting blind.

I have a pretty good historical avg fish/day but this lake is kickin my butt.

Its turning into a grudge match.

Its all fun...and I like the challenge...expanding your comfort zone can only make you better.

Hiya -

CASS. Love the lake, had some great days out there, but then when I think I have something figured out, I go out there and absolutely fry. That lake just has my number for some reason...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

For me any lake with tigers...so its more that species. I don't know what it is, I know they are suppose to be more aggressive and everything but I struggle...

In that regard, the lake would be Cedar in scott, I grew up on the lake and spent many hours trying to catch those tigers with very few caught, only one over 30" and almost half while fishing for panfish. Frustrating

Haven't done well on French either for whatever thats worth

Zelmsdawg

Junkie, We should hit it sometime. I just moved to Stillwater in April, have seen some fish on the Croix and found a few spots but still looking to crack it as well. As long as White Bear ramp is closed I've got some extra time to spend out there.

MuskieJunkie, 50inchpig,

If either of you need someone to go fishing with, I'd be happy to meet you somewhere. I moved here in Jan. and am looking to meet people to fish with. You both are in my area.

e-mail me at:

hunterjoe78 at yahoo dot com

Hey bronzeback,

If you're ever down in the cities area I would be more than willing to trade lake for river knowledge...Been fishing lakes my whole musky career and looking to start rivers here soon so anything to shorten that learning curve would be awesome

Zelmsdawg

Quote:
fishingmn croix outing?

I think goblue and I would be in. We were actually talking about trying the river one of these next weekends... but that was before he caught his beast so he might not want to fish anywhere else as long as he lives

Zelmsdawg