• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is your fishing index.....?

Buck_Story

Ok, you know how they have a cylinder index that calculates how manly you are.... It's based on how many cylinder's you own...

I thought it would be fun for everyone to share their "Fishing Index." To determine your fishing index... Take your biggest bass, biggest walleye, and biggest muskie lengths and add them together.

My fishing index is:

Bass = 22 inches

Walleye = 33.5 inches

Muskie = 38 inches

Adam's fishing index = 93.5"

I need to work on the Muskie, it is bringing my "Fishing Index" down...

WAAAAAA!!!!! What about Trout? We who fish only for trout should have a say or we shall gather our Izack Walton League attorneys and SUE YOU because we can.

WAAAAAA!!!!! (sound of thumbs being sucked).

The ONLY index should be:

The size of the trout in inches

Add the size of the fly

Add 10 points to the total if you caught in on private waters in Montana or Idaho

and paid over $500.00/day for the privilege.

Add another 10 points if you were wearing waders that cost over $400.00

Any other index will not count because you are an inferior person to us.

Now go away. WAAAAAA!!! I just defecated in my #38 Cortland Wet/Dry disposable diaper. Call my Illegal Immigrant Nanny to change me....NOW!!!

Sincerely,

Reginald Louis , "Skippy", Wainwright IV

Big River with Little Trout (we like it that way), MT

Hiya

Yeah - adding pike does wonders for mine smile

LMB: 22.5

SMB: 21

Walleye: 31

Muskie: 54

Pike: 51.25 (yay for Alaskan pike...)

179.75 with the SMB, 158.75 without. Minus the pike, 107.5

WAAAAAA!!!!! What about Trout? We who fish only for trout should have a say or we shall gather our Izack Walton League attorneys and SUE YOU because we can.

WAAAAAA!!!!! (sound of thumbs being sucked).

The ONLY index should be:

The size of the trout in inches

Add the size of the fly

Add 10 points to the total if you caught in on private waters in Montana or Idaho

and paid over $500.00/day for the privilege.

Add another 10 points if you were wearing waders that cost over $400.00

Any other index will not count because you are an inferior person to us.

Now go away. WAAAAAA!!! I just defecated in my #38 Cortland Wet/Dry disposable diaper. Call my Illegal Immigrant Nanny to change me....NOW!!!

Sincerely,

Reginald Louis , "Skippy", Wainwright IV

Big River with Little Trout (we like it that way), MT

Bwahahaha... Spitting coffee right now. that's freaking hysterical. You forgot one key thing though - native or stocker?

Man that's funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

Lg M.Bass - 22.25

Walleye - 29.75

Muskie - 38

Index then is 90... Kinda weak but I never really target the muskie... I actually caught mine while casting a Mann's minus one. I also only really go for the eyes a couple times a year.

Other notables...

Northern 39.5 inches (17 lbs)

Smallie 19.75

Flathead Cat 45 inches (44 lbs)

Carp 32 inches & (18 lbs)

Dog fish 28 inches

Rainbow Trout 16 inches

Ok, if we are going to add Smallies and Pike that would harm my index as I spend most of my time fishing walleye...

Bass = 22"

Walleye = 33.5"

Muskie = 38"

Smallie = 17"

(Dumb) Northern = 35"

My adjusted index would be 145.5"

Although I feel a true Midwest Fishing Index should only be Walleye, Bass, and Muskie. As these are the most commonly fished species in the Midwest....

Ok, if we are going to add Smallies and Pike that would harm my index as I spend most of my time fishing walleye...

Bass = 22"

Walleye = 33.5"

Muskie = 38"

Smallie = 17"

(Dumb) Northern = 35"

Although I feel a true Midwest Fishing Index should only be Walleye, Bass, and Muskie. As these are the most commonly fished species in the Midwest....

where did u catch that walleye? lets see a pic

Originally Posted By: Buck_Story

Bass = 22"

Walleye = 33.5"

Muskie = 38"

Smallie = 17"

(Dumb) Northern = 35"

where did u catch that walleye? lets see a pic

I caught that Walleye on a lake between Tower and Ely, MN. As for the photo... Our group was fishing on two separate boats, one boat was the "Mens Boat" and the other was the "Woman's boat."

Naturally none of the men in our boat had a camera...( I will never make that mistake again ) We measured the fish as we were signaling to the "Woman's Boat." By the time they got close enough to snap a passing photo we had already decided that we would throw the "Beautiful Walleye" back. Because I already had a 29.5" Walleye on the wall from that same lake.

All there is for proof is the three other guys in the boat with me and one blurry passing photo from the "Woman's Boat." I believe my step mom still has the photo, I will see if I can't get my hands on it for you guys.

I caught that Walleye on a lake between Tower and Ely, MN. As for the photo... Our group was fishing on two separate boats, one boat was the "Mens Boat" and the other was the "Woman's boat."

Naturally none of the men in our boat had a camera...( I will never make that mistake again ) We measured the fish as we were signaling to the "Woman's Boat." By the time they got close enough to snap a passing photo we had already decided that we would throw the "Beautiful Walleye" back. Because I already had a 29.5" Walleye on the wall from that same lake.

All there is for proof is the three other guys in the boat with me and one blurry passing photo from the "Woman's Boat." I believe my step mom still has the photo, I will see if I can't get my hands on it for you guys.

bearhead?

Originally Posted By: Buck_Story

bearhead?

Not Bearhead, that is all I can divulge, my family would have me hung if I shared the spot...