Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinchicks

What's new, pt. 2

55 posts in this topic

It's been kinda quiet in here lately. Hopefully that means you are all out having fun!

Didn't fish this weekend (again frown ), but we took our kids out for an after church picnic. This is a tradition we started when our kids were little.

We did not fish either, the wife (Terry) was down in Otsego with the grandkids. We just relaxed when she got home today. Super day for that!!

The family picnic and day together are the greatest thing a family can do!!

Mike89

No fishing...we had the 3 year old over for awhile...he wanted to come to Grandpa and Grandma's because he missed us and our neighbor Hoymie..(his pronounciation of Hermie). smile

Went to Bass Pro today! Getting ready for the annual trip "Up-North" in September! Can't wait for a break from 100 degree temps!

I went fishing but I was the only one to catch anything and all that amounted to was 3 super small sunnies and a sun burn crylaugh. But it was sooo worth it to finally get out on the lake with my dad, long over due. I hope everyone had a great weekend. smilesmilesmilesmile

Went to LOTW Thurs night thru Sunday. Cold and WINDY on Fri so no fishing. frowncry Sat around in long johns & sweatshirts by the fire & grilled a turkey. Saturday was nice and got out there twice. Caught 10 walleye between the 4 of us. Lakes were so messed up from all the wind they had the last 5 days. At least we came back with something for a fish fry. We also got a new truck (06 Toyota Tundra) Now we have something that can pull the bayliner again..!!!!! laughlaughgrinlaugh

No fishing for me this weekend either. I went to a wedding and had a great time dancing with my sisters. It was at one of the most beautiful reception halls I have ever seen!

fish-n-fool, we have a Tundra too! It's a nice truck. laugh

This is the first time we have a vehicle under 15 years old.

Finally got into the 2000's!! grinlaugh

It's so new.. I'm kinda scared to drive it.. Don't want anyone running into it or dinging the doors.. (it only has 16,000 miles on it and no dings, dents or rubs, yet)

I feel the exact same way about our Tundra. It's the newest vehicle I've ever owned either. I never drive ours. It's super powerful, fast and big. I like my car. But it hauls our boat and snomo trailer very well!

I feel the exact same way about our Tundra. It's the newest vehicle I've ever owned either. I never drive ours. It's super powerful, fast and big. I like my car. But it hauls our boat and snomo trailer very well!

Not to mention the tent!!! laugh

Went to Bass Pro today! Getting ready for the annual trip "Up-North" in September! Can't wait for a break from 100 degree temps!

Bring your longjohns and parka

We'll be camping at Star Lake on Saturday at Franks Lodge. Supposed to be a nice weekend for tenting/fishing/having a few beers. First trip out with our new truck (now we can take the bayliner out again!!!) laughlaughlaugh

I caught 4 fish last night, wish I could have been out longer then an hour. 3 were suckers, but it didn't matter. More ball games this weekend, so probably won't get out for a while.

The season is over after this, so there might be a little time.

It's so new.. I'm kinda scared to drive it.. Don't want anyone running into it or dinging the doors.. (it only has 16,000 miles on it and no dings, dents or rubs, yet)
then dont be takin it to any meat raffles!!! laughlaughcrazysmirk

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz

Not to mention the tent!!! laugh

laughlaughlaughsmirklaughcrazy

I get to drive it until we get the rubber mats & seat covers.

Have the mats on order but until we find decent looking seat covers, he's outa luck. May take a looonnngggg time for that.

gringrinlaughgrin

What kind of seat covers are you looking at. I would think the tiger stripped ones would look good. Would that match up with anything else, when your driving it. laughwhistlewinkwhistlelaughlaughsmirksmirk

Mmeeeaoooowww.. I might have to think about that one. May be

better than bear skin after all... laughgrinlaugh No offense Glennda...

Back to "what's new". I just finished smoking the trout that my son-in-law and I caught this spring. Gotta see it they turned out ok. smile