Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

power steering pulley removal

3 posts in this topic

How do I get the power steering pulley off my 1995 chevy 1500 with the 5.7 Litre ??

You'll need a puller to get the pulley off. Some of the better auto parts retailers rent them out.

Becareful not to bend the shaft or pull the threads out of the shaft when doing it. You might be better off taking it to a shop and have them swap pullies for you. We use to do them in our shop using aftermarket rebuilds but most the time the reman pumps where junk too. We started buying oem just because of the issues.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   Just outlaw anything that might hurt someone.    If it saves just one life..... Do it for the children....   And they want us to believe these 2 political parties are different. 
    • Luckily for me my neighbor across the road bought a hive with 2500 or 25,000 bees, I forget, last summer. Have bees everywhere here in the summer and we plant a lot of flowers and will be increasing that this summer to help the little dudes. Even got a jar of honey from him last year!
    • I think just about anything can be smoked. would be easy to get the crappies over dry. they turned out great using the technique above. dang near as good as smoked eggs!  
    • Raised beds, you hear people talk about them but what are they? Depending on how much money you want to spend on material and dirt a raised bed can be just a couple 2x8’s nailed together to waist high beds that you don’t need to bend over to work. Now that waist high one will with dirt is going to cost you some compared to the shallow 2x8 bed. Either way a raised bed does some or all of the following things. It eliminates the need for tilling, as you never step into the bed thus compacting it. When you fill the bed it allows you too put clean dirt exactly where you want it, not on the paths between beds where you walk and never plant. Weed control is much easier. Containing the crop you are growing is much easier. Harvesting is much easier. You can add fertilizer taylor made for the crop you are growing not fertilizing the entire garden that maybe 30% of that you walk on and don’t grow in.   The last few years I have been switching to low raised beds and container growing. A typical 4x8 bed takes twenty bags of dirt to fill or about 500#’s the beds are so fluffy that I can turn them over with my hand or just a little rake. This season I am going to add three more beds which will give me total of 11 and over 50 five gallon containers. Of course if room is not a problem then traditional planting stills works just fine especially for spuds and melons and squash. Just offering other ideas.
    •   But yet Christians claim they do.....  
    •   The one I made called for cumin. I think next time I might do something in between my recipe and this one.
    • I always thought smoking was for more fattier fish such as lake trout, salmon, suckers, whitefish and the like?
    •     This sounds good. Gonna have to try it   Plus the emphasis on vegetables in most Chilis
    • Buy the best door you can afford. I installed a steel clad Peach Tree door on the front of my place mainly because it faces south and there is a big temp difference during the day. I paid 600.00 for it, not much for a door these days but thirty years ago I had the father in law scratching his head when we put it in. My back door is out of the sun and I went with an all glass Morgan door, 300.00 I think it was still looks almost brand new after all of these years. Love the light that it lets it. Both have adjustable thresholds and we keep an eye on the weather-stripping. Stay away from the box store bargain doors unless it is rental property. Another thing is don't go cheap on the lock sets, you get what you pay for. Also reinforce the jam on the lock side while you are replacing the door.
  • Our Sponsors