• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey are there any handloaders out there who would be willing to reload some 270 win rounds for me? I'd pay for all materials and pay you as well. The problem is i want some really lightweight 270 ammunition, but i dont have any reloading experience, and as i am going to college soon i wont have room for it.

Thanks

Jackal, although I appreciate your desire to have ammo loaded for you, I, personally, wouldn't do it. I never have nor never will reload for anyone else because of the the liability. In my opinion anyone that does is asking for problems. Besides, the cost of components now-a-days would not justify savings for a one time deal.

Besides the fact that reloading for another person could be a liability disaster, you should know that it can be complicated to find a load that shoots well out of your gun. You can easily spend big $$$$ working up a load.

Every gun is different and there are many factors that will effect how your .270 shoots. Bullet, powder, bullet seat depth, primers etc.. all effect how your gun will shoot. In other words, my .270 pet load (that shoots perfect out of my gun) may shoot badly out of yours.

The factors mentioned above also seem to get even more complicated when you shoot smaller bullets out of a big gun. A .270 typically shoots 130-150 grain bullets well, but when you dip down into the smaller bullets like the 90 grain, it tends to get finicky. Not saying it's impossible, just saying it could take some time.

My advice, shoot factory rounds for the time being, then get into reloading when you get some more space.

Superior or Conelly Precision are another couple of names of outfits that sell custom reloads. They will even do mixed boxes to help you work up loads for you rifle. I've heard good things, but haven't used either personally and would expect to drop some coin to have a company do handloads for you.