Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dewey1

Fish Fry

4 posts in this topic

I live on the north end of the metro. Just wondering who has the best fish fry? I've heard the Coon Rapids Legion is good.

Me.

I never order fish out so I couldn't tell ya, but I throw one heck of a fry when it comes time to do it. I had 45 people over on Memorial weekend and had a big one in the back yard. 30 lbs of fish, 15 lbs of fries, 5 lbs of onions, and lots of beer. I went through 10 lbs of Andy's Red batter that night. (I breaded some fries too.)

That said, I wouldn't mind trying a fish fry night at the legion, would be kinda fun. My uncle has cooked at them a few times.

I remeber when I was young there were many places that had great fish frys but the seem to have faded away. The best place I know is in Willow River every friday at Peggy Sue's cafe on main street. I would be intrested in any info fish frys on the south side of town.

I was wrong in saying the Coon Rapids Legion. I meant the VFW on Coon Rapids Blvd. I stopped in on Friday night to try it out. Pretty good for the price. $7.75. All you can eat. 5:30 - 7:00? Get there early or you wait for a table.