• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Odyessy Pig

I got a few lures from a buddy for a decent price. One of the lures I think is a pig from odyessy which I tried out on a local pond. I guess I'm not sure how it supposed to be worked. Ive seen it on tv years ago but now ive got one in the arsenal and I cant even remember if its a jerkbait or topwater. Either way it didnt look very good on water. Probally operator error. Anyone else use one and am I wasting time?

they had the crank and the j e r kbait. same lure but one with a lip one not. the one without is just a walkthedog/j e r k. i didn't like mine, i gave it to a program so maybe someone else would appreciate it.

I think most people would tell you the best way to use a Pig would be to toss it in the garbage. Not exactly a well liked lure by most. But they actually work pretty well if you're willing to not care how it looks coming in. Working them slow will get you your best results. Although with a little trial and error, you can get them to work decent with some speed as well. Don't think you're doing something wrong when it breaks the surface on occasion. This is where most of your strikes are likely to occur. Because it won't go down deep at all, I've had my best results shallow or over the tops of weeds that grow pretty high. All that being said, I don't think mine has seen water in about 10 years. I don't like fishing as slow as I did back when I used to use this bait.

Aaron

I find they're most effective when thrown at structure like pontoons, water maggots, or Cresliners with 3 guys hucking DCGs that cut you off. Removing hooks is optional.

Chartruese/black spot color seems to work best.

Like Brad said, wooden ones are the best. Plastic breaks after repeated impact with aluminum or hitting it on the water as hard as you can. Thanks, Bob M for a great bait.

This is one of my best musky baits. I have three full sized , two of which have a small weight, I also have a pig jr (suspending). It is fantastic for going after known fish areas as it is fished very slowly. I really looks like a dying fish.

I didn't like their crank baits though

On my silver one w/black bottom I also caught a 28.5 " 8lb walleye. My wife(Cpt Ahab), who just noticed it's size thinking it was a musky, told me to get rid of the little fish.

Another jerk bait I love is my Amma Bama. It is a little heavy to throw but a dream to bring in.

Bob60

what do your Amma Bammas do,,whats a 'perfect' Amma Bamma???

Ive had about 8 - 12 of these things I even had one hand picked and sent to me by the Maker/owner Bill Looney,,all the ones I have ever had just jump forward like a suick, no glide,roll or shoot out to the side or really much of anything??? In the R&H catalog they call this the 'king' of glide baits. but its nothing like a Huges,cobbs,phantom or even a bad reefhawg,

what are bammas supposed to do????

I fish them pretty much the same as a reefhawg. It bobs and weaves nicely. If you decide that you don't like them, then you can get a good buck for them on HSO-Classifieds.

Some baits seem to work better on different days than others for me, which I can't explain. So give them another shot.

Even if nothing works it is a lot better than being at work.

Good Luck

Bob F