• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mad Men?

Chef

Anybody watch this on AMC Sunday Nights at 9:00?

The Wife and I got hooked on it last year and the season premier is this Sunday night. Great acting, story line and BABES to Boot!

My wife and I are both very much looking forward to the return of this show, also. I wish they'd run some reruns as we didn't get into it until later on. Should be a good season with what they left off with.

No premiere last night, looks like it's on Sun Aug 16th. There is also a season 2 marathon on Mon Aug 10th. No season 1, though, and that's what I'm missing out on.

"Fairwell and adieu to you fair spanish ladies..."

Son of a prostitute and an abusive father, went to war and stole a married soldier's identity, and just fell into his wonderful life. Seems like the most interesting man on television. I am looking forward to filling in the gap between birth and going to war, to see what kind of a guy he was. He seems to have liked cars in his youth.

Episode 2: a confusing one screaming with subtlety, which I admit I missed some of. I did follow the plots, though, but felt I was missing things, that may or may not have been there at all but only implied to be there. The one thing that did stand out to me, which my wife agreed to, was that the editing, cuts to commercials, and the ending were all very jagged and rough. This show is not like that (or at least not up to now), which made it stand out even moreso.

I think Betty will lose her baby (points were made to show her drinking and smoking while pregnant), and the Draper house will be shaken to its core. Peggy is going to get into some trouble exploring her new-found feminine side. Those Brits are going to have Don rallying up the troops to overthrow their control and take back their accounts.

Oh yeah: Cooper's daughter's wedding is scheduled for the day after Kennedy is assasinated. That will be HUGE in this show, and I am looking forward to the characters' reactions.

Nice Review, thanks.

Yes, the Wife and I noticed her drinking and smoking too, but wrote it off as acceptable for the time just like the constant drinking and smoking in the office.

It's interesting to see Don's acceptance for B's Father in their home and his dislike for B's brother. Wounds run deep in this guy.

Ditto on the wedding--it'll be one not to miss!

The Wife and I just looked at each other and couldn't help chuckling at the Irony. And the way his two chaps from England dismissed him and his future with the company--he can't Golf, yada, yada.

This is the best show on Cable...

And the way his two chaps from England dismissed him and his future with the company--he can't Golf, yada, yada.

I thought that was funny too. He goes from golden boy to fired gimp in 2 seconds. As if there’s no way you can work in advertising without a foot. Now while I wasn't alive then I assume some of the 60's attitudes are exaggerated but for me half the fun of the show is to see how much different life was then.

I hope this isn't the last of Joan, as she is a huge part of that office. It sure seems like a setup for her to remain involved somehow, maybe with Don if he jumps ship from Sterling Cooper? She had a great scene with Don at the end, almost as equals, for once. Respect was given both ways, and it was an enjoyable scene, and a great line from her:

"One minute you're on top of the world, the next you get your foot cut off by a secretary on a lawnmower."

Don can't leave S/C. He's going to take control of the US operation somehow, I think.

Yes, Joan is pure poetry. The right amount of backbone and clearly all Woman--GRRRRRoooowwwlllllll wink.

What I love about this show is that ANYTHING is possible and you can't wait to find out if your guess is correct or you totally miss the Barn. Maybe Don and Joan hook up and Betty ends up with that guy who hit on her at Sterlings' party.

GREAT, GREAT episode for a season finale. I liked the big shake-up, and look forward to next season. Not a cheeseball cliffhanger that gets abused everywhere by everyone, but a moving chapter with a satisfying ending that makes me want to keep reading!

I enjoy that this show will jump ahead weeks at a time, allowing you to fill in the blanks as it plays out. Not like my other show, LOST. It takes weeks and weeks of viewing to make it through a couple of days in the show!

The Wife and I watched the finale too--Man, what a well done series this is. No wonder it wins awards.

I love how they got Joan back into the story and in her rightful place. Duck is going to be surprised.

Don is a scumbag--so I can appreciate how well his character has been developed-LOL!

My Wife asked for the DVD series for Christmas!

SPOILERS

Happy to have season 4 here. I enjoyed the episode immensely, but I couldn't get over how different it was. The camera work, the office (obviously), Peggy's new found confidence and charm, and Don. The same yet different Don. He couldn't NOT hook up with women when he was married, but now he gets turned down by someone who would have been an easy roll in the hay (by his record and past history, anyways), and not only that to actually get some he has to pay for it!!! The slapping seemed contrived, but it showed how he actually wanted to get bullied once in a while.

Oh yeah, Simply put; Betty is the devil. Worst mother EVER!!!

Roger is still my favorite character, but seemed a bit off and crass last night, even by his standards.

Joan got an office!

Pete is, well, still Pete.

Burt Cooper doesn't feel the need to wear shoes in this office, either.

Any other followers still around?