• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

washing machine problem.

LovenLifeGuy

Our main washer will not start spining when it gets to that cycle so we are now using our backup washer in the basement. I just noticed that when the water is filling the tub to wash I also have water coming out the drain hose. It seems to be taking a long time to fill and it is a large wast of water. the tub does stay full once it gets enough water in it tho. Anyone have any ideas what is going on or how to fix? I hope that explanation made sense.

Thanks

What kind of washer is it (brand and front loader or top loader)? Does washer just stop when it gets to the point where it should start spinning, or does it run and drain without the clothes spinning? Check the height of your drain hose for the problem of draing when filling. If the drain hose is lower than the height of the water in the tub, the water will slowly drain out from gravity. Just make sure the drain hose loops above the highest point the washer fills to in the machine.

The main washer is a kenmore. it is a one piece stackable washer dryer. the washer is on the bottom and is a top loader. It runs until it gets to that cycle. The water drains but it does not spin so the clothes are dripping wet. The knob stops at the spin cycle also. The hose is lower on our backup washer so I will move the hose.

Thanks

If knob stops at spin cycle, could be something as esy as a bad lid switch. Easiest way to tell is to bypass lidswitch with a wire and try it that way. Usually lidswitch has 2 wires that can be linked to bypass the component.