• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lure Question

Ace

Hi all,

Saw a guy fishing over the fourth with what looked like a big moss boss lure, probably about 4 inches long maybe, yellow with red spots on it. I checked the Heddon site and I don't think it was a moss boss lure. It looked more like a wooden lure, and the colors didn't match anything on their site. Any ideas what it may have been? Thanks!

I have one and can't remember for sure but think it might have been made by Poe's?? Don't know if they still make it, if not there is a plastic version out made by Renegade lures. R&H's has it in their '08 catalog, can't find the '09 right now to see if its still listed.

sounds like a Renagade Frog. but they are plastic. i made a few out of cedar before, but bigger. there used to be another one out there that was a soft foam rubber bait like the key floats we use in boats but i haven't seen them for awhile and don't remember the company anymore, called a pig somrthing or another or something pig... maybe hawwg?, dunno. kind of just put it out of my mind i guess. hope this helps.

lol, cooter got it in before my post.

I think the Sloppy Pig by Odyssey is what you are talking about. I have a couple of them...that I don't ever use. When I see slop I think bass not muskies. I'm probably making a mistake not fishing in the thick stuff once in a while.