• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strange foods (or combinations of foods) that you secretly love!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches...but when my wife was pregnant with our first, it was I that had the cravings...and added a slice of bologna and mayo and a layer of filet of jalapeno (seeded and deveined). I had that on many a night for dinner.

This appetizer was given the name "Party in Your Mouth" at the super bowl party this year (I didn’t have a name for it). Ritz cracker topped with Philadelphia cream cheese, then a pickled jalapeno slice, fill the center of the jalapeno with fruit preserves (I use raspberries from the garden, but full fruit jelly will work in a pinch) and top with a small slice of Hard Salami or Venison Sausage (keep the salami smaller than the cracker or it overpowers the other flavors). Between the cheese, spice, sweet, and meat…it is a Party in Your Mouth! Best eaten whole if possible.

Also best if you use your own pickled jalapeno as the store bought are usually not crispy crunchy like fresh refrigerator pickles.

A few of you might know this one, but people who hear it laugh at it, until they taste it. Then they fall in love with it:

Take bottle of chili sauce and a jar of grape jelly and dump it into a crock pot, add a bag of italian meatballs and stir it occasionally. Very sweet and very good.

I made it at poker one night, didn't last very long.

Gotta try this one. Think it would work spiced up a bit with Franks Chile and Lime Hot Sauce?

Originally Posted By: zamboni
A few of you might know this one, but people who hear it laugh at it, until they taste it. Then they fall in love with it:

Take bottle of chili sauce and a jar of grape jelly and dump it into a crock pot, add a bag of italian meatballs and stir it occasionally. Very sweet and very good.

I made it at poker one night, didn't last very long.

Gotta try this one. Think it would work spiced up a bit with Franks Chile and Lime Hot Sauce?

LOVE LOVE LOVE these meatballs! We use the chili sauce and a can of cranberry stuff ( the clear one with rings) This is a Sunday staple during football season!