• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strange foods (or combinations of foods) that you secretly love!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of people talking about peanut butter. It tastes good with just about anything. I add tuna fish to my peanut butter sandwich. Also cold pizza leftover from the night before goes great in the middle of that peanut butter sandwich. One we make when we are in the BWCA is bacon, eggs fryed in the bacon grease, toast with peanut butter and add a slice of cheese. The hot egg melts the peanut butter and cheese mixed with the runny yolk mmmm good!

My Dad, the quintessential Scandinavian, he used to eat Pickeled Herring on his ice cream. No my Bag, Baby!

I love Shrimp Heads at the Sushi Bar, or deep fried Salmon Heads--man are they good. Sea Urchin is like fine Chamapagne too...

Ummmmmm Uni. grin

two of my favorite Polish dishes are czarnia and keska. Both are blood based.

When my dad was a kid - if you offered him, icecream, chocolate, ect, or keska, he chose the keska! I used to work at a store that made something similar but without the blood called Internicky. Stunk terrible while boiling the snouts, liver, and tongue but tasted good. Aftr boiling it got ground then added to cooked onions, barley, and spices, then put into sausage caseing...

Not too strange but I love sandwiches with just mustard, pickles, and swiss cheese. If they are around i'll add a few potato chips on there too. The girlfriend rolls her eyes when I have it for breakfast...

One we make when we are in the BWCA is bacon, eggs fryed in the bacon grease, toast with peanut butter and add a slice of cheese. The hot egg melts the peanut butter and cheese mixed with the runny yolk mmmm good!

Sounds pretty good, but man can you say heart attack! Whew.

Kippered snacks, smoked oysters, silta, crawfish, liversausage/onion/pickle/tomato sandwich, veni heart stir fry.

While its not secret stuff, I don't have to worry much about sharing.

Another peanut butter/banana sandwich & french toast, pancake vote here.

Not all that wierd, but 1 of my favorites.

Take 2/3 of a bag on Simply hashbrowns, and cook 4 eggs sunny side up. Lay the finished hashbrowns on the plate and then the 4 eggs spread evenly also on the plate. Mix it all together and season to taste and ya baby. My wife looks at me funny, but it is very tasty.

Also for you old timers, does anyone remember TOASTIE DOGS.